Orthopaedic Spectral Molecular Imaging (SMI) Therapy Systems for Pre-Surgical planning and Infection Therapy.
NVS needs your to help bring the Orthopaedic Spectral Molecular Systems, Biofilm Infection detection, and SMI guided X-ray MicroBeam Radiation Therapy and IR-laser therapy system to Orthopaedic Clinics in US and Europe.
Orthopaedic Spectral Molecular Imaging (SMI) Therapy systems are new imaging dual modality of true Spectral X-ray for molecular functional imaging and X-ray CT anatomical imaging.
The Orthopaedic systems produce artifact free high resolution 3D images of bone structure, Bone Mineral Content, and prosthetic device implants.
Orthopaedic SMI systems use NVS's SMI X-ray detectors and adaptive micro beam collimation synchronized to record spectral information about projection ray through the body. The projection spectrums are processed with NVS's algorithms to detect bone, tissue, prosthetic device, and functionalized structured proprietary nanoparticles and are iteratively reconstructed into 3D image volumes. A combination of Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Staphylococcus epidermidis biofilms targeting molecules are attached to proprietary nano particles for biofilm imaging and therapy. The SMI system has 2x better spatial resolution than current CT with 128 bins of spectral information for detection molecular function with functionalized nano particles overlayed on to CT anatomical images.
Biofilm infections are not detectable with current technology. Biofilms form on implant and bone surfaces. The Biofilm has a "Sticky" extracelluar matrix and antibiotics do not penetrate. NVS's targeted proprietary nanoparticles injected will stick to biofilms. SMI scans will detect the nanoparticles and generate 3D images of biofilm infections relative to bone and prosthetic device. Finally special SMI control algorithms generate a plan to use X-ray Micro-Beam Radiation therapy and IR-Laser heating to kill bacteria and not harm local tissue and bone. Orthopaedic Surgeons can use the SMI system from pre-surgical planning, to visualization of nanoparticles on Biofilms, to X-ray Micro-Beam and IR-Laser therapy to kill biofilm bacteria.
● William K. McCroskey PhDcnd/MSEE –President/CEO, Founder
● James P. Sacher – NVS CFO – Skoda-Minotti, Co-Founder
● George X. Kambic PhD – NVS Dir. of Regulatory and Quality, Co-Founder
● Paras Prasad PhD -NVS VP of Technology for Nano Bio-photonics, University of Buffalo., SUNY Distinguished Professor, Institute of Laser, Photonics, and Biophotonics
BioPhotonic Nano Particle Expert
● Mark Zou PhD – Dir. of China Market Development, CEO Alltech Medical Ltd., Co-Founder
● Robert E. Anthony – Dir. of Medical Business Development and European Business Development, Co-Founder
● Keith Blakely – Strategic Planning & Funding Advisor, Nano Materials expert and entrepreneur
· Dr. Hannu Aro MD–Orthopaedic Surgeon, Turku, Finland
· Dr. Michael Mont MD – VP of strategic initiatives for Orthopaedic Surgery, Chief of Joint Reconstruction, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, Past Chairman of Orthopaedics, Cleveland Clinic
· Dr. Carlos Higurera-Rueda MD – Department Chairman, Levitetz Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida
● Jayne Robinson PhD – University of Dayton, Microbiology and Biofilm Scientist Expert
● Hilliard Kutscher PhD – NanoParticle Functionalization, University of Buffalo, Assistant Professor Institute of Laser, Photonics, and Biophotonics.
● Werner Geldenhuys PhD – Pharmacist, NanoParticle Drug Delivery, W.Va. Univ., Co-Founder
● Edward Prochak- Principal Systems Interface and Software Engineering
Please contact us directly with any questions, comments, or inquiries about Orthopaedic Early Adopter Program.
Director of Business Development: (440)836-4772
4209 SR44 PO Box 95, Suite D-134, Rootstown, OH 44272, US
William K. McCroskey - CEO (440) 836-4772
Monday - Friday: 8AM–6PM
Updated: V011 May 15, 2019 NVS IT Manager